2021 2 Oz Silver Australian Piedfort Platypus Perth Mint .9999 Fine BU Next Generation Series
Delve into the shallow depths with the 2021 2 oz Silver Australian Piedfort Platypus Coin! Now offered at Bullion Exchanges, this Australian Silver Platypus Coin contains .9999 fine silver, weighs 2 troy ounces, and arrives in Brilliant Uncirculated Condition. Minted in the “piedfort” style, these coins are much thicker than regular 2 oz coins, making them a unique addition to any growing silver portfolio. Issued as legal tender, these silver Piedfort Platypus Coins carry a face value of $2 AUD. As part of the ongoing “Next Generation” Series, the touching image of a mother Platypus and her young enhances the overall appeal of this astonishing Australian coin. This Perth Mint Piedfort Platypus Coin has a maximum mintage of only 75,000, so paddle over and purchase yours today!
Sometimes referred to as the duck-bill, platypuses mainly reside in Eastern Australia. These semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammals primarily make their home in and near lakes, rivers, and streams. Ranging in length from 15 to 24 inches, the adult Platypus usually weighs between 2 lbs and 5 lbs. Because they are mammals, Platypuses are covered with dense, biofluorescent fur extending across their body and tail that traps a layer of insulating air. Females are responsible for the rearing of their young, as the males take no part in the process. For this reason, the Perth Mint has depicted the mother platypus and her young swimming together on the reverse of the coin. Wade into warm waters with the new 2021 Silver Platypus Perth Mint Coin!
The obverse showcases the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by inscriptions. Her bust appears in front of a background of radial lines.
The reverse, designed by Monique Reeves, features a mother Platypus swimming serenely with her young beneath the water’s surface. The background displays radial lines, and the Perth Mint mintmark is inscribed on the right side of the coin.
- Maximum mintage of 75,000
- Fourth Release in the Next Generation Series
- Brilliant Uncirculated condition
- Made from .9999 fine silver with a weight of 2 troy oz.
- $2 AUD face value
- Produced by the Perth Mint
- Security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter only visible under a magnifying glass.
- Individual coins come in plastic flips. Lots of 10 come in mint-issued tubes and lots of 100 in monster boxes.
- Obverse: Features the Jody Clark profile portrait of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. Her portrait includes her shoulders. She wears her crown and jewels. Inscriptions: “ELIZABETH II”, “AUSTRALIA”, “2021” along with the weight, purity, and face value.
- Reverse: Displays a mother Platypus swimming with her baby underwater. Inscriptions: “P” mintmark. Designed by Monique Reeves.
Bullion Exchanges brings you a stunning selection of silver coins from Perth, including this 2021 2 oz Silver Australian Piedfort Platypus Coin. Want to supersize? Add the 10 oz Piedfort Platypus to your cart as well! Explore these Bullion Exchanges Exclusive Silver Coins too: The 2021 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Ox Dragon Privy and the 2020 1 oz Silver Lunar Year of The Mouse / Rat Dragon Privy. After you place your order, your items will be carefully packaged and shipped to your address. Please contact our customer service team with any questions.