2021 Canada 3/4 Oz Proof Silver Dollar 100th Anniv Of Bluenose .9999 Fine (W/Box & COA)
The magnificent 2021 Canada 0.75 oz Proof Silver Dollar 100th Anniv of Bluenose .9999 Fine (w/Box & COA) is now in Bullion Exchanges’ store. This Canadian dollar coin is a special release that honors the centennial of the ship known as the Bluenose. The Royal Canadian Mint struck these coins with .9999 pure silver and they weigh about 0.75 troy oz. Canadian commemorative coins are often popular, and the limited mintage of 30,000 greatly increases the value of this release! Be sure to grab this 2021 Canada 0.75 oz Proof Silver Dollar 100th Anniv of Bluenose .9999 Fine (w/Box & COA) from Bullion Exchanges before the chance sails away.
The legacy of Bluenose was born on a drafting table in 1921. This year, 2021, is the 100th anniversary of the launch of the Bluenose, the Grand Banks fishing and racing gaff rig schooner. This ship accomplished incredible feats in races and displayed admirable spirit under the command of Angus Walters. This Canadian dollar coin honors the sailing ambassador and the architect behind its design, William J. Roué. The Bluenose became a mascot for Nova Scotia and, later, a significant Canadian icon in the 1930s. Although she was truly named “The Queen of the North Atlantic,” the name Bluenose was more commonly used in reference to this ship, as well as a nickname for Nova Scotians. She was employed as a working vessel until she was wrecked in 1946.
The obverse of the Canadian commemorative coins shows the 1921 effigy of the monarch in power at the time, former King George V. This is the same image used on Canadian coins in 1921 with the monarch looking to the left of the coin while wearing his royal crown and dress.
The reverse image shows the Queen of the North Atlantic partially over the Atlantic ocean. Half the boat is a blueprint design in the middle of being drawn by a pair of hands. These hands are a reference to the architect, Roué. His signature also appears between the hands designing the ship.
- Limited mintage of 30,000
- Contains .9999 pure silver with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Proof finish
- Struck by the Royal Canadian Mint
- Face value of $1 CAN backed by the Canadian government
- Arrives in the mint-issued box with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Obverse: Displays the 1921 portrait of former King George V in reference to the year of Bluenose’s debut. The King faces to the left of the coin, proudly displaying his royal crown and uniform. Inscriptions: “GEORGIVS V” and “DEI GRA REX ET IND:IMP”.
- Reverse: Showcases the Bluenose ship half-built in the Atlantic Ocean, and half in a blueprint design being drawn by William J Roué, the architect. Inscriptions: “CANADA DOLLAR”, “1921”, “2021”, and the signature of the naval architect.
Canadian commemorative coins have a reputation for innovation, and this 2021 Canada 0.75 oz Proof Silver Dollar 100th Anniv of Bluenose .9999 Fine (w/Box & COA) is no different! More pieces that will pair well with this astonishing coin include the 2021 Canada 5 oz First 100 Years of Confederation – Canada Takes Wing Proof Silver Coin, the 2021 Canada 1/2 oz Silver Welcome to the World Baby Gift Coin, and the 2021 2 oz Royal Celebration Proof Silver 2-Coin Set. After your purchase is confirmed, your item(s) will be securely prepared for safe shipment to you. For any questions, please reach out to us during our business hours, and we will be happy to assist.