2021 Canada 5 Oz First 100 Years Of Confederation – Canada Takes Wing Proof Silver Coin .9999 Fine (W/Box & COA)
The final coin in the 2021 – 3 coin series by the Royal Canadian Mint is here: the 2021 Canada 5 oz First 100 Years of Confederation – Canada Takes Wing Proof Silver Coin .9999 Fine (w/Box & COA)! This Canadian silver coin was made with .999 fine silver, weighs an incredible 5 troy ounces, and has a mirror-like proof finish. Adding to its collectibility, these Canadian silver coins have an extremely low mintage of 1,250. This phenomenal coin carries the story of the first 100 years of Canada’s journey after gaining independence to connect and grow across the nation. Expand your coin collection today with this limited edition 2021 Canada 5 oz First 100 Years of Confederation – Canada Takes Wing Proof Silver Coin.
The Royal Canadian Mint kicked off 2021 with a brand new, limited-release collection known as the First 100 Years of Confederation series. These Canadian silver coins each display one transportation method that signifies how Canada came together by air, by land, and by water. Each vehicle signifies a different chapter of the Canadian journey to unify as an independent nation from 1867-1967. This silver coin is the third release in the collection, and it displays how Canada came together by air.
The obverse features a highly stylized display of five different effigies of monarchs whose reigns together spanned this century of change. This includes former Queen Victoria, King Edward VII, King George V, King George VI, and the current Queen Elizabeth II. Each portrait is arranged on a pentagon that features maple leaves in the center. The border to the central image is a circular timeline. Inscriptions featured include all the names of the highlighted monarchs and the year of mintage.
The reverse showcases an old transport plane soaring among the clouds over a pop-art-style background. Inscriptions on this side include the face value and the country of mintage.
- Extremely limited mintage of 1,250
- Made with .9999 pure silver and weighs 5 troy ounces
- Struck by the Royal Canadian Mint
- Proof finish
- Face value of $50 CAN backed by the Canadian government
- Arrives in a mint-issued box with the Certificate of Authenticity
- Obverse: Features a rendition of five effigies of the five major monarchs from 1867-1967 arranged on a pentagon embellished with five maple leaves. A border reminiscent of a timeline surrounds the pentagon. Inscriptions: “2021”, “ELIZABETH II”, “D.G. REGINA”, “GEORGIVS VI”, “D.G. REX”, “GEORGIVS V”, “D.G. REX ET IND:IMP:”, “EDWARDVS VII”, “D.G. REX IMP:”, “VICTORIA D.G. REGINA”.
- Reverse: Displays an old, small aircraft as it flies among the clouds over a special pop-art background. Inscriptions: “CANADA” and “50 DOLLARS”.
Bullion Exchanges is always pleased to offer striking, master-crafted products from the Royal Canadian Mint. Add this 2021 Canada 5 oz First 100 Years of Confederation – Canada Takes Wing Proof Silver Coin .9999 Fine (w/Box & COA) to your collection and strengthen your silver portfolio. Other Canadian silver coins you may be interested in include the 2021 Canada 1/2 oz Silver Welcome to the World Baby Gift Coin, 2021 Canada 1 oz Silver Best Wishes On Your Wedding Day Coin, and the 2021 Canada 1 oz Silver Discovering Dinosaurs Reaper of Death Coin. We also carry the 2021 1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf $50 Coin, so be sure to diversify with gold as you shop! Bullion Exchanges will carefully package your item(s) for safe delivery to your address. If you have any questions, please reach out to us during our hours of business for more immediate assistance.