2021 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Britannia Coin .9999 Fine BU
Bullion Exchanges presents the newest release from the Royal Mint‘s Gold Bullion series – the 2021 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Britannia Coin. Just like in previous years, the Brilliant Uncirculated British coin weighs 1 troy ounce and contains .9999 fine gold. However, the British Royal Mint has added four new security features this year to further fortify your Britannia purchase! Add this interesting international investment to your gold portfolio today!
In October 2020, the Royal Mint announced the newest update to its established Britannia coin design. Although artist Philip Nathan’s design remains the same, the mint has added several new security “elements” to make counterfeiting this coin almost impossible. The first added element is a special wave design on the coin’s background, which catches the light on the coin’s surface. The second security enhancement is the addition of smooth lines on Britannia’s shield. The third is a holographic image of a padlock in the bottom left, which transitions to a trident whenever you tilt the coin. Lastly, the almost imperceptible Latin phrase “Decus Et Tutamen” (‘An ornament and a safeguard’) is etched along the inner rim of the coin.
Since its inception in 1997, the Britannia Gold Coin Program remains one of the most popular gold series from the British Royal Mint. The Sovereign Series and the Queen’s Beasts Series continue to hold a high status within the coin community as well.
The 2021 Britannia coin’s namesake – the Roman mythological figure of Britannia – originates in the language of Roman emperors. The Roman elite would often speak of the British isles as mythological lands, which led to Britannia’s creation.
The obverse of the coin showcases Jody Clark’s recognizable rendering of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen’s bust is shown wearing her royal crown and elegant earrings. Engravings around the rim of the coin display the coin’s denomination and the Queen’s name.
On the reverse, the great figure of Britannia appears wearing a toga, her left hand holding a shield bearing the Union Jack. She stands proudly while wielding a trident in her outstretched right arm. This powerful pose symbolizes the strength and integrity of Great Britain. Inscriptions of her name and the coin’s purity, year of mintage, and weight appear on the reverse as well.
- Four Brand New Design Elements Added As Additional Security Features
- Struck from .9999 fine gold with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Manufactured by the British Royal Mint
- Brilliant Uncirculated Condition
- Face value of 100 British Pounds
- Precious Metals IRA Eligible
- Legal tender coin backed by the British Government
- Individual coins come in plastic flips. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes while multiples of 100 come in Monster Box
- Obverse: Features the bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions: “Elizabeth II”, “D.G. REG F.D” (Queen by the Grace of God), and “100 POUNDS”.
- Reverse: Displays the iconic image of Britannia holding a trident while bearing a shield. Inscriptions: “BRITANNIA”, “2021”, along with the weight and purity of the coin.
These 2021 1 oz Gold Britannia coins are available along with a wide variety of British gold coins. Bullion Exchanges also provides silver British coins to diversify your coin collection. Upon placing your order, your items will be carefully packaged and shipped to your address. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service agents.