Monster Box of 500 – 2021 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin .999 Fine BU (20 Roll, Tube, Lot of 25)
The British Royal Mint has released its newest issue from its renowned official bullion series! Bullion Exchanges now proudly offers the 2021 Great Britain 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin .999 Fine BU. This Brilliant Uncirculated silver coin weighs 1 oz and contains .999 fine silver, similar to the silver Britannia coins from previous years. However, this year the British Royal Mint added four new security features to further safeguard your Britannia purchase! This incredible 2021 Great Britain Silver coin will add value to your growing silver portfolio, so purchase yours today.
In October 2020, the Royal Mint unveiled the newest update to their beloved Britannia coin design. While artist Philip Nathan’s design remains, the mint has added several new security “elements” to make counterfeiting this coin almost impossible. The first element is an updated background wave design, which catches the light on the coin’s surface. The second security addition is the inclusion of smooth lines on Britannia’s shield. The third is a holographic image of a padlock in the bottom left, which transitions to a trident when you tilt the coin. Lastly, the minuscule Latin phrase “Decus Et Tutamen” (‘An ornament and a safeguard’) is etched along the inner rim of the coin.
The Britannia Silver Coin program started in 1997 and continues to be one of the most popular silver series from the British Royal Mint. The imposing and awe-inspiring figure of Britannia has historic origins in Roman mythology and is now widely known as the personification of the United Kingdom. As such, the Royal Mint decided to use this powerful image as the design for the Britannia coins.
The obverse of the coin features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed by artist and engraver Jody Clark. She wears her royal crown and elegant jewelry.
The reverse showcases the majestic figure of Britannia. She wears a toga and carries a large shield, standing proudly while she wields a trident in her outstretched arm. These items represent strength and integrity, symbolic of the United Kingdom’s values.
- Four Brand New Design Elements Added As Additional Security Features
- Lot of 500 coins, each made from .999 pure silver with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Produced by the British Royal Mint
- Brilliant Uncirculated Condition
- Face value of 2 British Pounds
- Precious Metals IRA Eligible
- Legal tender coin backed by the British Government
- Individual coins come in the plastic flips. Multiples of 25 come in mint-issued tubes while multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes.
- Obverse: Showcases the royal bust of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions: “Elizabeth II”, “D.G. REG F.D” (Queen by the Grace of God), and “2 POUNDS”.
- Reverse: Features the recognizable image of Britannia holding a trident in her outstretched hand while bearing a shield. Inscriptions: “BRITANNIA”, “2021” along with the weight and purity.
Bullion Exchanges proudly offers a wide range of silver coins from Great Britain, including this 2021 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin. Also, explore our selection of Oceania Silver for some added fun. Your order will be carefully wrapped and shipped to your address. Please do not hesitate to contact our helpful customer service representatives with any questions.