2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle PCGS SP 69 First Strike
Bullion Exchanges is pleased to offer you this 2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle PCGS SP 69 First Strike. These 1 oz Silver Eagles are part of the official US silver bullion coins, and they also come in gold, platinum, and palladium editions. These coins are produced by the US Mint and are backed by the government of the United States. The US Mint manufactures these Silver Eagles with 1 oz of .999 fine silver, and they are “burnished.” This means the coin blanks were polished before being struck into Silver Eagles. Furthermore, PCGS graded these 1 oz Silver Eagles as SP 69 with the First Strike label. This 2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle PCGS SP 69 First Strike will make a solid addition to your portfolio, so order yours from Bullion Exchanges.
Silver American Eagles were first minted in 1986 after the approval of the Liberty Coin Act on July 9, 1985. The coin is a legal tender issue of the United States government. Since the beginning of the series, collectors have enjoyed stacking and storing these coins each year. Today, this coin is minted at the San Francisco, West Point, and Philadelphia Mints. The reverse’s rendition of the US Coat of Arms is what gives this Silver American Eagle coin its name.
The obverse features the Walking Liberty, which an iconic design that first appeared on Silver Half Dollars in 1916. This design was created by the renowned student of Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Adolph A. Weinman. Weinman’s works were featured on the Walking Liberty Half Dollars. On these coins, Liberty walks forward with her right arm held out and branches in her left arm. The U.S. flag unfurls behind her with the sun rising in the background.
The reverse of the coin showcases the John Mercanti rendition of the US National Coat of Arms. His design highlights the heraldic bald eagle as it stretches its wings wide open. It holds onto a bundle of arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other as a symbol of strength and peace. A banner that is held up by the eagle’s beak reads “E PLURIBUS UNUM”. On its chest is a shield designed with the US flag. Thirteen stars are positioned above the eagle’s head to signify the original colonies.
- Made from .999 fine silver with a weight of 1 troy ounce
- Graded SP 69 by PCGS with a First Strike label
- Burnished Silver American Eagle
- Minted at the West Point Facility and has a ‘W’ mintmark
- Obverse: Features a full-length image of Lady Liberty walking with outstretched hands towards the rising sun with her gown and the draped flag billowing around her. She is holding olive and oak branches in one hand to symbolize peace and strength. Inscriptions: “IN GOD WE TRUST,” “LIBERTY,” and the year of mintage. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman.
- Reverse: Displays a heraldic eagle behind a shield clutching an olive branch in its right talons and arrows in its left talons with 13 small stars above the eagle, representing the original colonies, designed by John Mercanti.
You can find just about every kind of 1 oz Silver American Eagle in our inventory such as this 2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle PCGS SP 69 First Strike. We also encourage you to take a look at the 2020 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagle NGC MS 69 Emergency Production, 2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle NGC MS 69 Early Releases, and 2020-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle PCGS SP 70 First Strike. Once your purchase is confirmed, it will be carefully wrapped, packaged, and delivered to your address. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.